The seventies was an era of experimentation and transition for architecture in Japan, a link between past metabolist theories and a future of more democratic architecture – expounded by Koolhass and represented today in the work of MVRDV. and it was in the seventies that Ito constructed White U for his grieving sister.
13 Angels Standing Guard ‘Round the Side of Your Bed by A Silver Mt Zion from the album He Has Left Us Alone but Shafts of Light Sometimes Grace the Corner of Our Rooms…
a while back, i wrote about a visit my wife and i and some of our freinds made to the not quite finished shipping container cabin that paul stankey and sarah nordby are building in northern minnesota. it was a great day.
posted by matt
in the dream, i was standing on top of a steep hill… i couldn’t see the bottom, and off in the distance was a city skyline. my dad came running up the hill at me with a concerned look on his face. when he got to me, he grabbed my arm just hard enough to let me know he was about to say something very serious.he said, “i’ve been thinking about you. you need to give your friend more room. you need a lot of room,” then pointing at the city, “they need a lot of room. it’s takes a lot of room to become who we’re becoming.” he looked me in the eye and said, “alright?” i said i agreed and… the dream was over.
it really helped me get through the fight with my friend.
not only is it fun to force a context on things, it can help to keep you in a state of dis______, which is kinda the goal right? it is for me anyway.
- in my room – beach boys
- white room – cream
- waiting room – fugazi
- candys room – lifter puller
- two people in a room – wire
- gatekeeper (one hour one room mix) – feist
- small rooms – papas fritas
- the colony room – the sea and cake
- this room – the notwist
- the room got heavey – yo la tengo
- guest room – the national
- in my room – the blow
- in gary’s room – lucky dragons
- songs from a room – leanord cohen
- he has left us alone but shafts of light sometimes grace the corner of our rooms – a silver mt zion
- from our living room to yours – american analog set.